Barbour ABI is recruiting for an Internal Sales Executive on a permanent basis to join our team.
Barbour ABI is the UK’s leading provider of intelligence and lead generation services that help clients to generate new business opportunities from the construction sector. With more than 80 years of experience and 100+ colleagues based at Cheshire Oaks within our research, sales, client management and marketing teams, the quality of our data collection processes and existing knowledge in researching and tracking construction projects is second to none – we publish the UK Government’s National Infrastructure & Construction Pipeline and provide the Office for National Statistics with critical data to produce its Construction New Orders estimates.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the internal sales team you will responsible for cold calling B to B prospects to generate new business opportunities for our External Field Sales Managers, working with them to collaboratively secure new business.
Your tasks are as follows:
- You will be responsible for selling annual subscriptions to our construction intelligence database, your main role in this sales process will be making quality appointments for external field sales team, to present our databases to potential clients.
- You will make high volume cold calls to prospective customers selling the benefits of our product and establishing with the customer, how it might be useful for their business.
- Working towards monthly KPIs and objectives which are set by the manager.
- Ensuring data is cleansed and accurately log all calls on the CRM system.
- Producing quotes and orders when required and working with external team to secure that order.
- Ensuring you and the business remain GPDR compliant at all times.
- Self-sourcing new leads by using multiple channels.
- Participating in any training and take personal responsibility for self-development.
- Be open to performing other tasks as the manager and business requires.
- The role of Internal Sales Executive is for you if you have the following skills:
- An excellent persuasive telephone manner is essential as is the ability to confidently communicate at all levels.
- Target driven, passionate about achieving goals and succeeding.
- Outbound sales experience (B2B sales experience preferred)
- You are computer savvy – as you will be expected to accurately use our IT systems to log calls, book appointments, produce quotes / orders and update spreadsheets.
- 3- 6 month induction in a dedicated Sales Academy, which includes continuous training from a Sales Academy Manager, with training delivered in the classroom as well as on the job coaching and training
- Eligible for uncapped bonus from month 2 of joining
- 25 days leave rising to 27 after 2 years
- Additional day off for your birthday
- No working on bank holidays and there is a Christmas Shutdown
- Flexibility to work from home one day a week
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee retail discount scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Bike to work
- Free parking
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
- Volunteering days
- Ongoing development and support
- Working hours – 8.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Friendly and relaxed office environment
- Regular business and department social events